Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Film Marketing: Getting it Right the First Time

Tuesday July 16, 2013

Hello from Steve Thompson / Thompson Communications:

Every film benefits through good marketing and promotion.  In my opinion, producing and directing films requires a completely different set of skills and talents from those necessary to effectively promote a film.

I've promoted over thirty films: docs, narratives, even Spider-Man 3 for Academy Award Winner Cliff Robertson, who I also worked with for ten years.  I've promoted regional openings, festival, promotional, and premiere screenings, provided publicity, marketing to distributors, and outreach to other industry executives for completion funding and possible co-productions.

No one has all of the answers for every film, and what works for one film may not work for the next.

But when you work with me, I draw on the experiences of promoting all of those films, on subjects ranging from UFOs to reggae music to a political revolution in Russia.  So there's an excellent probability that we'll get it right the first time, saving you time and money in the long run, and helping to take you to the next level in the least amount of time, at the lowest possible cost.

I want to speak with you about promoting your film.  If you get back to me and give me a general idea of your expectations, I'll answer any questions you may have, and I'll quickly provide you with enough information so that you can decide whether or not you'd like to work with me.

Thanks for your consideration!

Best Regards,
  Steve Thompson


Thompson Communications
856-942-4434

s t e v e @ c i n e m a n e w s w i r e . c o m

No comments:

Post a Comment